As South Carolina flood recovery efforts begin, we are inspired by the community’s efforts to mobilize volunteers and deliver much-needed supplies. We’ve put together this link round up for anyone needing information on how to help or get help as needed. If you know of anything we’ve missed, please feel free to comment on the Auntie Bellum Facebook Page.
Richland County Curfew for October 7, 2015
12 a.m. – 6 a.m.
Harvest Hope Food Bank is asking anyone in need of assistance to go to the Cayce location at 1775 12th Street. The Shop Road location is overwhelmed.
Lower Richland High School shelter is in need of licensed nurses and other health care professionals. The Red Cross is having trouble staffing this location.
The following COMET bus routes have been restored. Fares are currently free:
- Routes 101, 6, 30 and 31 travels N. Main St., Clement Rd., Fairfield Rd., Duke Ave. and Monticello Rd.
- Routes 42, 201 and 401 travels Garners Ferry Rd., Rosewood Dr. and S. Beltline.
- Routes 12, 15 and 16 travels Two Notch Rd., Decker Blvd and W. Beltline
- Routes 62, 63 and 601 travels Shop Rd., Bluff Rd. and Assembly Street
- Routes 34 and 34B travels Broad River Rd., Bush River Rd, Elmwood Ave, Greystone Blvd. and St. Andrews Rd.
- Routes 23 and 11 travels Bull Street and Farrow Rd.
- Routes 26 and 28 travels Knox Abbott, Airport Blvd., Sunset Blvd. and I-26.
- Route 55X travels Bull Street, I-277, Parklane Rd. and Two Notch Rd.
These services run until 8 p.m. and will resume at 6 a.m.
Free Meals for Displaced Families Oct. 7
Seven Oaks Elementary, 2800 Ashland Rd, Columbia at 6 p.m.
Donations Hotline (Call for Information on Where to Take Stuff/ What’s Needed)
Other Links and Phone Numbers
WLTX Road Report Phone Bank (Until 7 pm)
Columbia We Want to Help Facebook page
Lost and Found Pets
And here’s another incredible resource for updates:
SC Flood Benefit Hub Facebook page
Thanks, South Carolina. Auntie Bellum is looking for to getting up and running next week, but, in the meantime, even though the sun is shining, there’s work to be done and comfort to be given.
“Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister.” – Alice Walker